Calling all storytellers! The next contest series is all about telling a great story. Storytelling is a fun and interesting way to present content because it shows relevance, emotion, and consequences related to a learning activity. Here are some of my tips for creating a story-based course.
1. Write out your story arc first
2. Create a character that speaks to your audience
3. Develop a backstory
4. Introduce multiple characters
5. Elicit emotion through facial expressions and responses
6. Build up the story to problem which the learner can help solve
7. Make the problem relevant
8. Make the solution relevant
To participate, upload your content on the Share New Contest page. Get the most views, and you’ll be the winner! Each winner will be announced once the two-week entry period has closed. Then, share your magnificent entry on social media. Remember, you have until 3/17 to submit your entry.
Don’t forget to check out other people’s submissions on the Contest page.