That’s definitely something we are looking about improving. The problem right now that we are running into is that emails aren’t unique and people with the same email can be in multiple organizations at the same time.
We are looking at a few different ways of making that process much easier than it is now.
The action pane is not currently a part of Lectora Online. Unfortunately the tutorials are based off of the desktop version of the product so there is some inconsistency there. It is planned for one of our features but does not currently have a slated release date.
I’ll let the product team know that it was asked about!
Was Talking to Daryl Fleary about this, and he put together a little sample title that can handle this type of situation.
In the example he uses the play and pause actions, but these can be adjusted to use specifically the mute action.
Below are the steps used in the example to address this
First create a variable (In this example, I’ll call it “AudioPlay”)
The Play, Pause, and Stop actions are specific to a particular audio file. So what you need to do is have a “placeholder” blank (no sound) audio file at the title (or chapter) level. (The time length doesn’t matter.) Also have the control button(s) for the audio file at the same level.
The button actions should be:
Play Placeholder Audio if AudioPlay=on, Else Pause Placeholder Audio (This is where you would do the mute else mute change).
As the user clicks the button, update the variable.
And on each page, have a Change Contents action to change the Placeholder audio to the actual audio file you want to hear.
So i just gave the script a try everything looks good with it.
However one thing to notice is that this uses a cookie system to track page visitation and display it correctly. If you are in publish preview mode there is the possibility of the status being cached already, which I ran into when i visited each page it stored the “complete” status for the page so when i went to “test” it again that value was already complete
Doing a full publish and storing it on my local webserver and re checking your script there It worked as intended displaying the first page as in progress and each remaining as not started.
That would explain the random behavior when the script is pretty straight forward. To test it correctly deleting the cookie/clearing your cache between visits is a must to see the correct output.