CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) seeks a full-time asynchronous course eLearning Developer for its program partnership with the New York State Office of Children and Family Services Bureau of Training and Development (OCFS BTD). Through this partnership, develops and delivers both online synchronous and asynchronous training to thousands of OCFS employees and non-profit provider agency staff statewide. We have a track record of creating cutting-edge eLearning experiences and integrating new technologies into blended learning solutions.
This position is physically located on-site at the NYS Office of Children and Family Services in Albany-Rensselaer, New York.
As a member of a dynamic on-site eLearning Team, the eLearning Developer works collaboratively with agency subject matter experts to create highly interactive asynchronous eLearning courses for human services professionals. Successful candidates for the position will leverage her/his multimedia and animation skills to author online modules using Articulate Storyline.
We are looking for committed and creative individuals with eLearning authoring experience to create highly engaging eLearning experiences for adult learners. As part of the interview process, candidates will be asked to provide samples of their work.
- Reporting to the Distance Education Manager, the eLearning Developer will:
- Develop new, and convert existing, courses to be delivered as online asynchronous eLearning;
- Develop all multimedia needed for projects;
- Liaison with subject matter experts on asynchronous course development;
- Assess projects and determine the appropriate use of technology;
- Make development related decisions informed by pedagogical/adult learning theory or research;
- Perform tasks necessary to the project management of online learning development; and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience developing with asynchronous development tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline or Lectora) required.
- Experience with multimedia development/editing software (e.g., image, audio, video editing), a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, concepts and visions for eLearning projects.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a learning team, as well as work independently in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to convey complex concepts visually.
- Experience in graphic design and layout, a plus.